Hey There Hunt Families - Report cards went home today - hope there were only good suprises! Remember that you can request a conference with your child's teachers at any time. Have a great week and a relaxing break.
HERITAGE POTLUCK DINNER this Thursday
April 19, 2012
April 19, 2012
5:30 - 7:00 PM Hunt Cafeteria
Live Student Entertainment !!!
· Please bring a MAIN dish to share.
· To reduce waste please bring your own plates and utensils.
· Drinks and Ice Cream Sundaes will be provided
For questions, please contact Jennifer Sutton at 802-310-4998 or email email@example.com
PTO meeting this Thurday from 7-8pm in the Library. Childcare available. Come for the dinner and stay for the meeitng - you just might like it!!!
Grease the DVD We are wrapping up the orders for the Grease DVD - do not delay in ordering yours today or you will miss the boat! Click on the link below to print the order form.
International Week Celebration at Hunt April 16 - 20
There are many different activities that will occur at Hunt during International Week. There will be
a celebration of international foods through cooking and taste tests during lunches where students are involved in preparing, serving and trying new foods that reflect many of the diverse cultures of our student population. This year we will be featuring:
- Tea Leaf Salad served with hot tea from Burma
- vegetable spring rolls from Vietnam
- Pita Zejanica from Bosnia
- Molokhia from Africa
- a visiting Sushi chef to make sushi and sesame rice balls with students and ending with apple crisp and ice cream.
Students will provide panel presentations on their culture and experiences in classes throughout the week. There will be two assemblies which will show case our parade of flags with about 50 Hunt students carrying the flags of their countries of origin, and performances by the Vermont Youth Orchestra playing songs from around the world, and a special performance by the Fabulous Chinese Acrobats.
Another exciting new activity this year is the Hunt Heritage dinner for all families on April 19, from 5:30 to 7:00 pm which consists of potluck dishes again reflecting the diverse background of our families. All of these activities foster a sense of community, respect and celebration of Hunt's cultural make up.
If you would like to help with any of these activities contact Jennifer Sutton at 310-4998 or firstname.lastname@example.org Cooking activities will run most morning in the cafeteria and help is definitely still needed for the Heritage Dinner for set-up from 4:00 to 5:00 pm, ice cream scooping from 6:15 to 6:45 pm and clean-up from 6:45 to 7:15pm. Please contact Jennifer if you can help out.
Save the Date....
- April 16-20 - International Week at Hunt - Chinese Acrobats, Ethnic food taste tests, parade of flags...
- April 19 - Honor Roll Reception - 3:15
- April 19 - Hunt Heritage Potluck Dinner 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- April 19 - PTO Meeting 7-8pm, Library - Childcare provided!
- April 23-27 - School Break - no school!
- May 16 - Band Concert - 7pm
- May 23 - Strings Concert - 7pm
- May 27 - VCM Marathon - Support the Hunt students running in relays!
- May 30 - Chorus Concert - 7pm
- June 2 - Perennially Green Sale