Hunt Open House this Thursday at 6:30pm. Open House is for Hunt parents and guardians only. Leave your middle school kids at home to do their homework! It is unclear whether there will be childcare provided on-site. If you need this information, call the front office to inquire at 864-8469.
September PTO We are grateful for the robust turnout at the first PTO meeting of the year. If September is any indication, looks like we could be shaping up to have another successful year connecting families with Hunt and funding enriching programs for Hunt students. We hope YOU will join us in October.
We have elected several new PTO leaders for 2014-15 including Dasha Zentrichova as the Treasurer and Karen Berghorst as Secretary. A Fundraising committee is taking shape and Gabi Baumann will be stepping back as Tammy Kuypers and Rebecca Padnos step up. Tammy and Rebecca are requesting more parent support in planning fundraising activities. The PTO likes to focus on events that raise money and community versus selling things. The new fundraising team will meet in the next few weeks - maybe you want to be there too? Contact Gabi Baumann to find out when/where and how to be involved - email@example.com.
· The Hunt PTO is in need of a President - or better yet, Co-Presidents! Grab a friend and sign on as a team! Below is a list of expectations for this position: (some items can be shared with other PTO leaders)Please do consider this great opportunity to serve your school community. Contact Kate Belluche for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monitor and respond to emails on Gmail account
- Check mailbox at school for checks/communications
- Promote PTO to parents, stay upbeat with a problem solving attitude - stay out of gossip/complaining
- Publish meeting agenda on blog several days before the monthly meeting – solicit agenda items from Board several days prior. Parents can respond to the agenda with additional items.
- Prep for monthly meeting
- Manage Google Docs – filing of docs, soliciting of docs
- Connect with PTO leaders about projects, problems…
- Reserve rooms for events
- Connect with Hunt Administration prior to PTO meetings to discuss any school/PTO issues
- Work on various PTO projects (per your interest!)
Starting in October, meeting minutes will be posted on the blog following meetings. For this month, here is a short rundown:
- VT Idle Free Vermont looking for a few parents to sit on a committee with school staff - contact Len Phalen to inquire: email@example.com
- Idea brought up for Green Up type activities to happen periodically - finding lots of kid tossed wrappers around school yard and walkway to North Avenue.
- Additional Locker Painting being scheduled this Fall with volunteer labor from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters employees
- Principal breakfasts being scheuled - will be happening ~1x/month
- Parents brought up sports communication and getting more accurate info concerning the sports calendar, last minute changes and if there are cancellations.
- Question about breakfast rules mandating students choose 2 of 3 choices. Some students may only want one thing but must choose 2. Could there be a share table? Maybe students just want to pocket the fresh fruit for later or to share with family.
- Harvest Dinner starting to take shape for October 30th. Students are already working on projects that will be featured at this school/community activitiy. Some parent will be needed including: Set up of the gym, help in the kitchen with food prep, help with serving the meal, help busing tables, serving ice cream/dessert, help coordinating the efforts of student helpers. We have already started to gather names of folks that want to sign up for a shift - if you want to be put on the list, email firstname.lastname@example.org- we will be in contact in the next few weeks.
- We are currently switching Treasurer's and cleaning up some budget/finance questions. The 2014-15 budget will be presented, discussed and voted upon at the October meeting
Did you know that Hunt has a Facebook page and that school and sports updates are made daily? Click this link to explore the page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyman-C-Hunt-Middle-School/187650991263756 "Like" the page if you would like to receive messages in your feed
Sports Schedule this week: Unless stated, games start at 4pm. H=Home, A=Away. Transportation is provided to away meets. Get directions to away meets on the Hunt sports page. Note: There have been lots of changes lately - check the Announcements (on the Hunt website) before heading out to a match...
Field Hockey w/ BRMS - B team first
Boys Soccer w/ Colchester-B team first - Boys not home, in Colchester
Girls soccer @ Colchester-B team first - girls not away, they are at home
Boys Soccer w/ Milton-B team first
Girls Soccer @ Milton-B team first
Open House - 6:30pm