Dance Fundraiser for "Grease"
a great success!! Thanks to everyone who busted moves and got their freak on at Saturday night's dance party at the St. John's club. The event raised $700 for Hunt's Spring musical, Grease. Thanks to Rich Nadworny for the great dance tape, to Bella Nadworney, Susan Rutherford and Anne Williams Nichols for all their hard work organizing the event and preparing food, to Kate for making desserts, to Anne, Eric and Bella for obtaining silent auction donations, to George for handling the 50/50, to Norm for dealing with the money and to everyone who either bought a ticket or attended the event and helped to make our first ever dance party a blast. Couldn't make it this year? Don't worry, plans are being discussed for next year's party already!
PTO Meeting this Thursday, February 9th, 7-8pm in the Library. Childcare provided in the Cafeteria. Join us for our monthly meeting - the agenda is included below - take a look and come share your point of view - everyone is welcome!
GREASE update The parts are cast - now the work begins!
Read-thru today, Monday the 6th from 3:15 - 4:45.
- Check out the Grease page at verymerrytheatre.org with schedules and music to sing!
- We still need someone to head up playbill ads. Let us know if you are interested. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On March 6, invest in our schools, kids, and our community. Please vote YES for the 2012-13 school budget. Our schools provide for a strong economy, are a vital link to our real estate values and guarantee a bright future for all Burlingtonians. Our schools are the foundation of an educated democratic society and a viable and healthy community.
Nearly 90% of the 2012-2013 school budget increase is dedicated to the state-mandated cost shift from the city to the school district, contractual obligations, and the loss of federal and state revenue. These revenues presently provide for 15 core teaching positions.
Together Burlington citizens have built and invested in a vibrant school system that reflects our shared values. Our schools are truly the heart of our community and they deserve your support.
For more detailed budget information visit http://bsdweb.bsdvt.org/Board/BoardBudget.php
To find out more about Burlington Friends of Education, visit http://burlingtonfriendsofeducation.wordpress.com
Save the Date....
- February 9 - PTO meeting in Library - 7-8pm, childcare provided
- February 10 - Hunt (Student) Dance
- February 15 - Early Release Day
- March 6 - No school - Town Meeting Day - Vote for a new mayor and the School Budget! PTO/Play Committee Bake sale at Miller Center (Can you bake/buy something??? - muffins, brownies, drinks, cookies, cupcakes...)
- March 15 - PTO meeting in Library - 7-8pm, childcare provided
- March 17 - Hunt Pancake Breakfast/Silent Auction Fundraiser
- March 29-31 - Grease
February PTO Meeting
Welcome– Kate Belluche
- Treasurer’s report- Brian Pine
- Principal’s Corner – Marcie Lewis
- Sports Communication – Marcie Lewis
- Grease Update– Kim Hunt
- Fundraising Update- Gabi Baumann
- School/Family Partnership Update– Siohban Donegan
- 8th Grade Orientation – Volunteers needed to meet with Staff
March Agenda Items:
6th grade orientation BBQ
Burlington Police Power Point on Electronic Communications
Next Meeting: Thursday, 3/15/12, 7-8pm