Hunt PTO Update,
December 5th, 2013
Check out the
December Hunt Middle School Newsletter
Lots of great team and school-wide updates -- not to be missed!
The next meeting is THURSDAY,
Thursday, December 5th, in the Hunt Library.
Mark your calendar for the next meeting, THIS Thursday, 12/5/13, at 6:30 pm in the library. Come to inform yourself, come to share your ideas and/or concerns - Just Come! The draft agenda is included at the end of this blog post.
Hunt PTO Wreath Sale a Huge Success!!
We wanted to say THANKS to all the great volunteers who participated in the PTO Wreath Sale. Thank you for all your help and support during this very successful fundraiser. We appreciate the time and energy you put into selling the wreaths by making phone calls, sending out emails, and going door-to-door. Huge thanks as well to the volunteers who delivered all those wreaths to our customers!
|The beautiful Vermont made wreaths arrive!|
We sold 322 wreaths, kissing balls and center pieces and made $4150.- in profit. This is already half of our PTO General Fund budget for this year!
|Gabi's garage was a spectacular site but there was LOTS of work to do!|
Thanks go to Rebecca Kaplan, Kathy Olwell, Jane Earley and Brian Pine for their outstanding efforts in sales. Huge thanks as well to Chris Horton, Tammy Kuypers, George Rutherford, Susan Rutherford, Megan Peek, Kathleen Lynch, Kate Belluche, Liz Curry, Siobhan Donegan, Vince Brennan, Brook Martenis and Dasha Zentrichova. For everyone else I missed on this list...Thank you!
|Thank you Gabi for all of YOUR dedication to our Hunt students! |
Wreath Fundraiser 2013 a HUGE success!
We would like to send out a warm and grateful THANK YOU to Gabrielle Baumann for her leadership on this fundraising event and all her hard work and energy in this and all Hunt Fundraising Events in her position as chair of the Fundraising Team.
|Please support the 2013 HMS Food Drive!|
Hunt Winter Concerts, 2013
Please come out to support our talented HUNT musicians at the three winter concerts coming up in December.
Orchestra concert, 7 pm, December 11th
Band concert, 7 pm, December 18th
Please don't forget to bring your food donations for the Food Drive (above) and a few dollars to spend at the bake sale in support of the Hunt Drama Program!
Don't forget to save those Box Tops for Education! You will find them on many specially marked packages of foods and products you buy everyday. All proceeds from Box Tops go directly to the Hunt School Student Council.
Just take these 3 Easy Steps:
1. Cut Box Tops for Education from specially marked packages of products you purchase already.
2. Save these Box Tops in a bag or envelope.
3. Send these Box Tops to school. You or your student can place the Box Tops in the specially marked can in the Hunt main office.
Can't find the can? Ask Ms. Virun, who can show you.
Happy Holiday everyone and thanks for saving Box Tops for Education!!
Making room for new shoes and boots for the holidays? Do you have shoes and boots that you won't wear anymore, but don't want to throw them into the landfills?
Well, have no fear! The Hunt Student Council collects pre-loved shoes and boots and sends them to "Shoe Box Recycling". Want to know what "Shoe Box Recycling" does with your shoes? ContactSusanrutherford@hotmail.com or a Student Council member.
See the specially marked "Shoe Box" collection receptacle in Hunt's Main lobby and thanks for supporting the Hunt Student Council-who support your kids!!
Do you shop at Hannaford? You can earn money for
Hunt without even trying.
From September 1 to December 1, 2013, when you
purchase participating products, you earn "school dollars"
that Hunt can use. Our local Hannaford will give an
additional $1,000 to the school in their area that earns the
most money. CP Smith and Flynn have won extra $1,000
in recent years.
How do you raise money for your school shopping
Please contact Shireen Hart, firstname.lastname@example.org, 999-9170, with any questions about this Hannaford fundraiser or to get involved!
Have coffee or tea with our Principals. Tell us what's on your mind. Let us know what's working or what's not working. Ask questions or just chat and relax with us in our library. Friday. January 31st, morning at 8:10am.
An invite from the Hunt administration to YOU...
YOU ARE INVITED!
Friday, January 31st, 2014, 8:10am to 8:55am
- December 5th - PTO Meeting at 6:30 in the library
- December 11th - Orchestra concert, 7 pm
- December 18th - Band concert, 7 pm
- December 23rd - January 1st - No School; Winter Break
- January 31st - Coffee with the Principal
12/5/13, 6:30 pm
- Welcome and Introductions– Kate Belluche
- Volunteer secretary for Nov. meeting
What’s on your mind? Questions? Comments? Concerns?
- Treasurer’s report - 10 min –Brian Pine
- Principal’s Corner – 10 min - Rich Amato
- HMS/Community Connection- overview–10 min- Jen Sutton
- Fundraising Update - 10 min – Gabi Baumann
- What goes on blog – 5 min – Susan Rutherford
- Spanish at BHS – 5 min - Gabi
- Parent/teacher Conferences – 5 min - Gabi
- Team/UA Grant Update – 5 min- Kate
- Misc Issues - Mindfulness Program – Cruz/Montgomery – connected Ms. Cruz with Center for Mindfulness, Student Achievement Ceremonies- when are teams celebrating?, Sports communication (Hunt committees – parent and/or student input?) Is PAWS still happening? Has it been evaluated?