Parent volunteers and cast members gathered over the weekend to build and paint sets for Grease. Thank you to Alex Messinger for his leadership executing this event and to all the families who helped - we had a full house of helpers and accomplished a great deal.
Hunt Middle School presents GREASE the musical on Friday, March 30th at 7pm and Saturday, March 31st at 4pm.
Admission to both shows is free. Playbills will be on sale for $5 and there will be a fully stocked concession stand. DVD's can be preordered at the event.
Please join us before the show on Friday for a homemade pasta dinner of penne, salad, bread and cookies from 5:30-6:30. On Saturday there will be a soup and chili dinner after the show. We will be serving hearty chicken noodle, vegetarian vegetable, chili, veggies and dip and brownies.
The price for both meals is $8 for adults and $5 for students.
Stop by the Hunt Middle School main office to sign up for one or both of these delicious meals or email email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
March PTO Meeting Minutes included at the end of this post
Save the Date....
- March 29-31 - Grease - Th- school show at 2pm, Friday 7pm, Sat 4pm
- April 19th - Hunt Heritage Potluck Dinner 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- April 12 - Early Release at 12
- April 13 - No school
- April 23-27 - School Break - no school!
- May 16 - Band Concert - 7pm
- May 23 - Strings Concert - 7pm
- May 27 - VCM Marathon - Support the Hunt students running!
- May 30 - Chorus Concert - 7pm
March PTO Meeting Minutes
- 10 people in attendance
- Kudos to the pancake breakfast/silent auction team for a job well organized. Everything seems to be in place and ready for the big day.
- Principals report: Please help spread the word that the library is open for family hours 5-7 p.m. People can have complete access including a librarian. The parents do not necessarily have to bring a child to use the library and a child doesn't necessarily have to bring a parent if they wish to use the library.
- Hunt will host the Spiral International program. This program is bringing 30 students from China and they want to target families with middle school aged children. The program is currently looking for host families and the children of the host families can participate in the program for free. The July dates under consideration for this program is either July 9-20 or July 16-27.
- Sports update: Wayne Pecor is agreeable to sit down and communicate with concerned parents and brainstorm ways to enhance communications for Hunt sports. Marcie will contact Kate Belluche and Susan Rutherford to set a meeting time.
- NECAP recorded a 7% increase in the math scores. All scores are up but the math marker indicates that the emphasis on math has been paying off. 7% is a huge increase.
- Grease Update - all is going well. There are people assigned to market the fundraising dinner before and after the Friday and Saturday shows respectively. A flyer went home on 3/15/12. There will be a cast party after the play on Saturday. Cake will be served in the gym.
- New Business: Jen Tomczak brought several items to share. She encouraged Marcie to consider sending as many kids as possible the the next Tech Jam. Marcie commented that Hunt did send several kids. Also, John Cohn an IBM fellow does assemblies about engineering and science geared toward middle school students.
- April 11 is Family School Night. Marcie is looking for 6 volunteers to act as guides and give tours of the school. Marcie and her staff have targeted 40 families that Hunt has not connected with throughout the year. This is an attempt to get these families involved.
- Plant sale/yard sale will take place in May.
- Next meeting April 19
- Agenda: Officer Berti will give her internet safety presentation - she was unable to make this meeting due to a death in her family. Diversity Office presentation, Hunt Garden update, Fundraising update